Whey Protein Powder

Find out about whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and hydrolyzed whey proteins

Whey Protein Powder - What is it and What is the Best Whey Protein Powder?

Whey protein powder is the most widely used of protein supplement. Individuals who use it vary from serious weight lifters to dieters to people who simply appreciate a wholesome lifestyle. Nevertheless, there's a broad range of protein powders on the market, besides whey. So then the question is - why is whey the most used?

Biological Value of Protein

Above all its reputation originates from the truth that whey protein powder possesses the greatest biological value (BV) of every protein source. BV is a scoring method for how well various protein sources can be absorbed into muscle and other cells for reconstructing and repairing. Understanding the BV of food is critical info for athletes and bodybuilders. Opting for food with the greatest BV has a powerful impact for a skilled athlete's advancement for establishing muscular durability.

BV Chart Scores for Key Protein Foods

 

 FOOD ITEM:  BV SCORE:
 Whey Protein Isolate 159
 Whey Protein Concentrate 104
 Whole Eggs 100
 Egg White 88
 Turkey / Chicken 79
 Fish 70
 Beef - lean 69
 Rice - unpolished 60
 Brown rice 57
 White rice 56
 Peanut 55
 Pea 45
 Whole Wheat49 
 Soy Bean 47
 Wholegrain Wheat 44
 Corn 44
 White Potato 34

 

BV Began With the Egg

As you'll see with the BV chart, there's 2 kinds of whey protein powders; whey isolates and whey concentrates. Most whey protein powders on the market are in the whey concentrate form with some whey protein isolate added in. Overall costs play a major part in respect to this. Whey concentrates are a less pure type than the protein isolates and therefore are less expensive. Even so, the whey protein isolates do have a greater BV compared to the concentrates, thus the greater selling price.

Overall Top Selling, Highest Rated Whey - Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein

A protein powder known as "100% Whey Protein" created by an esteemed organization called "Optimum Nutrition" has separated itself somewhat above the bunch, and is considered by many as the best whey protein powder overall. Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey Protein Powder is the Number 1 top selling protein powder dietary supplement that's preferred by countless athletes and weight lifters. It has won many awards because of its top quality content, flavor and its ease of digestion. Every tub is -

 

  • Loaded with Whey Protein Isolates
  • A Greater Pure Protein Percentage
  • Fast-Action HDYDROWHEY Peptides
  • Features Whey Protein Microfractions
  • In excess of 5 grams of BCAA's
  • More than 4 grams of Glutamine & it's Precursors
  • Instantized to mix easy with a spoon

Whey Protein is Milk Protein

Whey is derived fro milk. 20% of milk protein is composed of whey with the other 80%  made up with casein. Casein itself is also offered as a protein powder, yet is not as popular because of its lower BV score. All whey protein isolate is 90 - 98% pure protein by weight and contains a lot less fat and lactose than whey concentrates. The whey concentrates feature around 70 - 85% of pure protein, and even though the concentrates are a great product, isolates are the top standard level.

Authentic Pure Whey Protein Powder - Free of Lactose and Fat Free

The advertising of "Pure Whey Protein Powder" is often misleading. You will notice numerous brands promoting their whey protein powders as "Pure Whey Protein Powders", however when you look closely at the ingredients list you will find that there's calories supplied by lactose/sugar and by fat also - so then how is it pure?! This misleadingness comes from the fact that the protein utilized in these "Pure Whey Powders" is 100% whey protein in itself and not sourced from any other type of protein such as casein, soy or egg. So if you're truly trying to find a whey protein supplement that's 100% lactose and fat free, then you'll have to dig deep and hard. Thankfully, I have come across one - Olympian Pure Whey Isolate.


 

 So if you're truly trying to find a whey protein supplement that's 100% lactose and fat free, then you'll have to dig deep and hard. Thankfully, I have come across one - Olympian Pure Whey Isolate.

What's the best time to consume whey protein?

Whey is digested faster and more easily than other protein sources or powders. Whey gets to muscles faster. Thus, whey is regarded as the ideal post-workout choice for hungry muscles looking for an instantaneous protein supply. For that exact same reason, whey is a fantastic pre-workout snack too when combined with fruits or some other source of carbohydrates. It's milder to digest and does not weight on you in the manner that "heavier" proteins can throughout your workout.

WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE POWDER

BEST WHEY PROTEIN POWDER

HYDROLYZED WHEY PROTEIN POWDER

Recent Videos

1902 views - 0 comments